Welcome to the Create to Learn Faculty Study Group. Under the leadership of Frank Romanelli and Carolyn Fortuna, we are exploring the uses of Create to Learn in higher education contexts in a variety of disciplines, including communication and media studies, teacher education, writing/composition and many other subject areas and fields. Contact Frank Romanelli at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about how to participate in this group. Members will receive a free copy of the book for review purposes.
HOW TO USE THIS WEBSITE
- Register for an Account. This will enable you and your students to upload content to the website and to comment on examples shared here.
- Explore the Academic Content. Review the Study Materials to access PPT slides, videos described in each chapter, and concepts and vocabulary words aligned with each chapter of the book.
- Explore Examples of Student-Created Media. You can filter and sort these examples by the nine types of media: websites/blogs, images, digital audio/podcasting, images, infographics/data visualization, vlogs & screencasts, video production, animation, remix production and social media. You can comment on each example, offering warm and cool feedback. You can click on Authors to follow them.
- Upload Examples of Student-Created Media. Encourage students to upload their own examples as they create to learn with multimedia.
- Upload Examples of Instructor Materials. Click here to share an example of an assignment, activity or lesson that is aligned with the Create to Learn pedagogy.
- Offer Feedback and Share Ideas. Join a webinar to share your ideas or send feedback to our team as we discover how to support an online academic community of faculty and students who are creating media as a means to enhance and improve learning.
CHAPTER STUDY GUIDES
Professor Bridget Dalton has generously shared this chapter study guides, which support pre-service teachers’ use of Create to Learn. These guides offer strategies for students to interact with the book, the PPT slides, and the digital tools and platforms on this website.